HOD, Computer Science & Engineering & Information Technology
Computer Science Engineering has totally changed the complexion of the quality of life today, with so many innovative research and development projects impacting everyday life. The scale of the achievement comes from the ability to integrate computer science and communication technology. Since information essentially shapes an organization, the student learns the effects of managing this information, both theoretically and practically.
Learning is a continuous process and does not end with the acquisition of a degree, especially because steady and rapid advances in computing technologies shorten the life of tools and techniques prevalent today. The teaching-learning approach coupled with practical experience gained during Industrial Training in reputed organizations, equips our students to handle the challenges posed by the software industry. Therefore we do not aim to make our students walking manuals of any language or package. Instead, they are given a strong foundation in Computer Science Engineering and problem-solving techniques, and are made adaptable to changes. This is the single most important attribute of the education offered here.
Our CSE department employs modern teaching aids and methodologies helping the students to keep abreast of the latest trends worldwide with updated infrastructure in tune with emerging technologies and future requirements. We as a team sincerely welcome the young talent who aspire to pursue studies, to educate, or to innovate in the area of Computer Science.
Our department has been achieving consistently good academic results. On placement aspect, department has done exceedingly well with students working in reputed multinationals like Wipro, TCS, Oracle, Accenture, Cognizant, HCL,IBM and many more. Most of our alumni found employment in highly reputed companies in India and abroad.
A significant number of students have gone for higher studies in India and abroad. Our department has remained true to the vision on which it was founded.
Vision & Mission
To be a recognized as an Excellent Innovative Engineering Department through Academic Programme which develops leaders in Education and Research in Computer Science
- To create self-learning environment by facilitating leadership qualities, team-spirit and ethical responsibilities.
- To Strengthen department-industry collaboration and interaction with professional society through technical knowledge and internship program
- To promote research and development with current techniques through well qualified resources in the area of computer science and wireless engineering.
Salient Features of Department
- Qualified and Experienced team of faculty members with wider experience in areas of System Software, DBMS, Data Mining, Mobile and Computer Networks, Image Processing, Computer Architecture and Artificial Intelligence .
- Syllabus is designed to match with industry needs. IoT, Machine learning, Data Analytics, Cloud technologies and other latest technologies have been included in the curriculum in line with industry expectations.
- Motivation to students with immense expertise, massive technical exposure & structured creative initiatives.
- Industrial visits to various renowned companies to pave way for the students to get exposed to varied atmosphere.
- More credits have been given for project work in the curriculum to make the students employable.
The curricula of programmes have been designed to cater to the ever changing needs and demands of IT industry. The focus is on holistic learning and empowering students to make significant contributions at all levels. The cafeteria system of electives gives a handful of choices for the students to develop expertise in their area of interest.
|UG||Computer Science & Engineering||120 Seats.|
|UG||Information Technology||90 Seats.|
The objectives of the postgraduate programs are: To provide fundamental and advanced knowledge and expertise in order to produce competent, creative and imaginative engineers with a strong scientific acumen.
|PG||M.Tech ( Computer Science & Engineering )||24 Seats.|