HOD, Mechanical Engineering Welcome to the Department of Mechanical Engineering, one of the most prominent department of JDCOEM, Nagpur. Mechanical Engineering Department has grown by leaps and bounds over the last decade and is now recognized as one of the best engineering department of JDCOEM. Highly trained and experienced faculties provide technical knowledge and facilitate the growth of students.
Department of Mechanical Engineering is working in collaboration with IIIC (Industry Institute Interaction Cell) to combine excellence in education with service to the industry which is obliging for the superior placement of students as per their domain wise interest. Department has an excellent placement record in the region with the highest package of 10 LPA. Department provides hands-on training to students by providing guest lectures, workshops, and training by industrial experts. Department also promotes innovation among students by encouraging projects like GO-Kart, E-kart, etc. Under the guidance of Prof. Suhas Rewatkar, Department of Mechanical Engineering was recognized as the best department of JDCOEM in Brain waves 2018. Currently, 8 faculty members of Mechanical department are pursuing Ph.D.
Currently, JDCOEM has received autonomy and is happy to share that it is the youngest autonomous institute in region and Mechanical Engineering department has achieved the milestone by recognized as a Research Center by DBATU.
Vision & Mission
To be a center of excellence of learning and research in Mechanical Engineering.
The department is making its paramount efforts,
1. To provide high quality, innovative and research environment in Mechanical Engineering.
2. To impart soft skill and hard skill to achieve institutional vision.
Salient Features of Department
- Highly qualified and experienced team of faculty members.
- Domain-based CRT (Campus Recruitment Training) to enhance employability.
- Well equipped labs with top-class infrastructure.
- Hands-on training to students provided by faculties and industrial experts.
- Technical and financial support for creative and innovative projects like GOKART and EKART.
B. Tech Mechanical Engg.