Dr. S. R. Vaishnav
HOD, Electrical EngineeringThe B.Tech (Electronics and Power Engineering) program was started in the J D College of Engineering and Management, Nagpur campus in the year 2014. The objective of the B.Tech (EE) program is to train and develop skilled engineers in the power engineering domain comprising of generation, transmission and distribution of electrical energy to develop software solutions for Electrical engineering applications.
The scope of employment of Electrical Engineering program includes the following domains.
- Electrical Power Generation, Automotive and Control Industries, Mining and allied Industries, Instrumentation and Software Industries, as well as in Manufacturing, Marketing and Business Management Industries.
- Public sectors, steel industries, oil and natural gas industries, Railways, and companies such as BHEL, NTPC, ABB, Siemens, National Instruments, DRDO and other Government Organizations.
- Other industries such as TCS, Infosys, IBM, Honeywell, Intel, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Texas Instruments, General Electric, National Instruments, Microsoft, Yahoo, Ericsson, L&T, Mahindra and Mahindra, Alcatel Lucent, Bosch, Tata Motors, Philips along with other Software and core companies.
Vision & Mission
To be the eminent department known for producing globally proficient electrical graduates possessing finest human values, to achieve sustainable socio-economic development.
1. To transform students into academically and technically sound Electrical Engineers.
2. To enhance teaching learning process by dedicated qualified professionals.
3. To promote research and development with current techniques through well developed educational environment.